Mission, Goals, and Guiding Principles
The mission of the Teaching and Learning Collaborative (TLC) of the Colleges of the Fenway (COF) is to promote the professional growth of faculty across their careers and be a resource for academic collaboration for faculty research and academic programs. The TLC supports and builds upon faculty development programs offered by the individual colleges of the six-college consortium and develops innovative and field-tested opportunities for shared faculty development for COF faculty and academic staff and colleagues from other colleges and universities. The TLC is funded, in part, by the Davis Educational Fund.
The goals of the TLC are to:
- enhance faculty teaching through shared professional development experiences;
- share expertise to strengthen programs on individual campuses;
- facilitate support networks across and within institutions; and
- increase collaborative academic programs and research.
While content and approach may differ, all TLC offerings adhere to guiding principles:
- Grounded in research and best practice in learning and teaching to assure high quality offerings
- Developed and implemented collaboratively
- Connected through mentoring support and sharing, implementing, and assessing action plans
- Influenced by faculty and institutional preferences and modified in light of evaluation